On 29 July 2022, Aurizon purchased One Rail Australia (formerly Genesee & Wyoming Australia). This acquisition brings with it bulk rail haulage and general freight assets in South Australia (SA) and the Northern Territory (NT) and the 2,200km Tarcoola-to-Darwin railway line, operating as the Bulk Central business unit.
The newly owned bulk infrastructure and operations in SA and NT fully connects Aurizon’s services across the nation, providing customers a safe, efficient and effective national pathway to market for numerous existing commodities and growth opportunities in base metals, agriculture, iron ore and for new economy metals such as manganese and copper.
We provide tailored solutions across a diversified commodity mix of minerals, fuel, agriculture and general consumer goods.
- over 35 train starts per day
- operations across a network of over 3,700 track kilometres
- over 113 active locomotives and over 2,200 active wagons along with several maintenance and support facilities, terminals and other operational assets
- track operations and maintenance capability.
We are the market leader for intermodal services on the Adelaide to Darwin corridor, servicing Alice Springs, Tennant Creek, Katherine & Darwin.
- containerised consumer goods
- general cargo
- bulk liquids
- project cargo
- six weekly return services from the Adelaide Freight Terminal to Darwin
- a transit time of two days
We are also a freight on-forwarding partner servicing all Australian mainland capital cities.