Aurizon Port Services in Newcastle offers a range of services in exporting mineral concentrates together with an expert understanding of transport logistics between our customers and their overseas customers. Aurizon owns, operates and maintains a proven, high performance mineral concentrates train receival, product storage and shiploading facility located in the Port of Newcastle at Dyke 2 berth, Carrington.
Services we offer
All aspects of port handling and shiploading of mineral concentrates and other bulk materials. Specifically, we offer:
- management of transport logistics and interfaces
- fast, flexible and punctual unloading of trains
- large and secure storage facilities
- round the clock, high capacity shiploading
- extensive stock reporting (wet and dry tonnages)
- service estimates, budgets or quotes
- design advice on new mine dispatch and rail facilities
- a deep and protected berth with reliable port access
Trains and shipping
Our direct interface between rail and sea transport provides fast, flexible and punctual unloading of trains.
Aurizon Port Services, Newcastle is the licensed Rail Infrastructure Manager for the dedicated private rail siding where train rakes can be unloaded immediately using either loco shunting or our fully automatic wagon indexer.
We are located at Dyke 2 in the Port of Newcastle which is the economic and trade centre for the resource rich Hunter Valley and for much of the north, northwest and west of NSW.
We offer professional receival, storage and ship loading of your bulk mineral concentrates. Our range of services covers full cargo superintendence including stevedoring, storage, supervision and maintenance back-up. Additionally, we can take care of all procedures required to safely load your cargo.
Shipping services we offer
- safe mooring with excellent berth availability
- high capacity vessel loading with spout trimming
- provision of stevedoring and loading supervision
- cargo, stock tracking and loading records
- shipping documentation
- fast ship class acceptances
We maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements through the proactive implementation of best practice environmental controls and commitment to ongoing improvement.
We recognise our maritime security obligations under Chapter XI-2 of the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS Convention) and the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code, including the rights, freedoms and welfare of seafarers.
Aurizon Port Services, Newcastle operates under a Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government approved Port Facility Maritime Security Plan.
Site security includes:
- 24 hour Port gate security checks
- qualified Port Security Officers
- established restricted areas
- full site inductions
- MSIC security cards
- site alarms and monitoring
- security patrols
- strict cargo management procedures
- security lighting and cameras
Aurizon Port Services Newcastle train operations may continue in wet and windy weather as all container unloading is undercover. Products are weather protected by enclosure within sealed containers and buildings.
Extreme weather in the form of violent storms or fog may occasionally delay ships from entering or leaving Port for a short time. Shiploading may temporarily be suspended whilst raining to prevent products from exceeding transportable moisture limits.
To visit Aurizon Port Services, Newcastle please phone beforehand for appointment.
If you hold a current site induction access card please present it to the officer at the Port of Newcastle gate house located off Bourke Street, Carrington.
If you are not site inducted you are required to sign in at the gate house. Security will contact us on your arrival and we will collect and escort you onto site.
Main Office: +61 2 4969 6766
Dyke 2 berth, off Bourke Street Carrington
PO Box 55 Carrington NSW 2294