Aurizon is an experienced national freight company with the capacity to move freight across Australia.
Our everyday business is built on moving a nation. We move a comprehensive range of commodities, including mining, agricultural, industrial and retail products for a diverse range of customers across Australia.
This includes retail goods and groceries in containerised freight to cities and towns across our national footprint; future-facing commodities such as grain, phosphate and critical minerals and of high-quality Australian coal and iron ore for export.
We also operate and manage 5,100 kilometres of track infrastructure that supports thriving domestic and export industries. This includes the Tarcoola to Darwin railway, a vital supply chain for central Australia that feeds into the nation’s closest port to Asia; and the Central Queensland Coal Network which includes  kilometres of electrified corridor that is able to tap into renewable energy sources from the Queensland grid.
As Australia’s leading Bulk rail freight specialist, Aurizon provides integrated supply chain solutions to move bulk commodities safely and efficiently, connecting miners, primary producers and the manufacturing industry with international and domestic markets.
Our Containerised Freight business provides rail line haul services for customers in the growing interstate east-west and north-south containerised freight market. This includes the transport of vital supplies for communities across Australia, including retail and supermarket goods, perishables and refrigerated goods, vehicles, machinery and equipment.
We pride ourselves on safe, innovative, best-in-class rail infrastructure solutions including design, procure, construct, maintain and manage rail assets providing a one-stop-shop.
Railway Planning and Engineering
- Expert technical advice
- Greenfield and brownfield infrastructure
- Signalling and telecommunication specialists
- Design standards
- Integrated supply chain planning and simulation
Railway Construction and Maintenance
- Railway structures, bridges, culverts, earthworks and drainage
- Track construction, rail grinding and ballast cleaning
- Electrical traction, signalling and telecommunications system
- Environmental assessments, noise, dust and community impacts
- Access regimes
- Network control and asset management
- Rail management including incidents, emergencies and corridor access
- Network safety management systems and accreditation