Our everyday business is built on moving a nation. We move a comprehensive range of commodities, including mining, agricultural, industrial and retail products for a diverse range of customers across Australia.
We transport retail goods and groceries across small and big towns and cities across Queensland; tonnes of coal to the eastern ports and iron ore in the West. We operate and manage the complex coal rail network in Central Queensland; and build new tracks to move freight more efficiently.
Aurizon is there working with customers to move more than 500,000 tonnes of this vital resource every day, bound for markets in Japan, China, South Korea, India and Taiwan.
We announced the intent to exit our Intermodal business in August 2017.
The Intermodal Interstate Business was closed as planned at the end of 2017 and surplus rollingstock as well as experienced employees were transferred to our growing Coal NSW business.
NetworkAurizon operates and manages Australia’s largest export coal rail network, the Central Queensland Coal Network (CQCN). Aurizon Network is responsible for providing, maintaining and managing access to the CQCN rail network and associated rail infrastructure.
We pride ourselves on innovative, best-in-class rail infrastructure solutions including design, procure, construct, maintain and manage rail assets providing a one-stop-shop with a safety culture of ZEROHarm underpinning everything we do.
Railway Planning and Engineering
- Expert technical advice
- Greenfield and brownfield infrastructure
- Signalling and telecommunication specialists
- Design standards
- Integrated supply chain planning and simulation
Railway Construction and Maintenance
- Railway structures, bridges, culverts, earthworks and drainage
- Track construction, rail grinding and ballast cleaning
- Electrical traction, signalling and telecommunications system
- Environmental assessments, noise, dust and community impacts
- Access regimes
- Network control and asset management
- Rail management including incidents, emergencies and corridor access
- Network safety management systems and accreditation