Terms and Conditions for Customer Portal
Privacy Information: Aurizon is committed to protecting your privacy. This information is being collected to enable us to provide you with access to Aurizon computing facilities. Aurizon will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with Aurizon’s Privacy Statement and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy please ask Aurizon for a copy of Aurizon’s Privacy Statement.
Aurizon’s computing facilities accessed via the public communications network are not designed for commercially sensitive and/or legally important data and are offered on a best effort basis.
SECTION E – AURIZON TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Right of Access
This document sets out the terms upon which Aurizon agrees to give you access to its computing facilities.
In this document, a reference to:
(a) ‘Aurizon computing facilities’ includes access to the Aurizon Customer Portal, Aurizon’s software applications, hardware resources, information services (including but not limited to IT Service Desk Support) and associated IT resources; and
(b) ‘your employer’ includes any person with whom you have entered a contract of service.
Permission to use the Aurizon Customer Portal is conditional upon you agreeing to the terms and conditions of use set out below (Conditions). Do not proceed until you have read and accepted all of these Conditions and wish to become licensed to use the Aurizon Customer Portal. Acceptance will bind you to the Conditions.
When you click the Accept button at registration, you will be deemed to have accepted the Conditions. If you do not wish to accept the Conditions, click on the Do not accept button and you will not permitted to access the rest of the Aurizon Customer Portal.
Aurizon grants you access to the Aurizon Customer Portal solely for the purposes of your access role specified in the External User Registration Form that you signed before obtaining access to this portal.
Any access, or any attempted access, by you to other Aurizon computing facilities or for other purposes without express permission from Aurizon will amount to a security breach and will result in the following actions being taken:
(a) access will be rescinded and your user name and password will be disabled;
(b) Aurizon’s Corporate (IT) Security Unit will be notified of security breach;
(c) your employer will be notified of the security breach; and
(d) Aurizon may, at its discretion, take action to recover any damages, or pursue any other remedy available to Aurizon, resulting from a security breach.
By accepting these Conditions, you agree to the following further conditions of use of Aurizon’s computing facilities.
- You must use the Aurizon computing facilities solely for the purpose of accessing the Aurizon Customer Portal, and comply with all relevant Aurizon policies, practices and standards as updated from time to time, as well as all applicable laws and standards.
- You acknowledge and agree that Aurizon may (but is not obliged to) monitor and conduct surveillance of your use of Aurizon computing facilities, by means of software or other equipment that monitors or records information input and output or other use of a computer facility, including the sending and receipt of emails and the accessing of internet websites.
- You must limit your connection duration to Aurizon’s computing facilities to such time as is necessary in order to be able to perform tasks required of the business relationship between Aurizon and your employer.
- You must not disclose your password to any other person, or write or record your password in or on any medium (whether hard-copy or electronic). You will be fully responsible for any loss or damage to Aurizon as a result of disclosure to or use of your password by any other person.
- Authentication Identifiers (question and/or answer) will be used for identification purposes. You will be asked to provide the answer prior to being provided with your temporary password. You must not disclose the applicable answers to any other person, except to authorised Aurizon personnel and only for the express purpose of verifying your identity. The question must not be related to your password or divulge information which would allow you to be personally identified.
- You must notify Aurizon immediately if your position or responsibilities within your employment, or your employer’s business relationship with Aurizon, changes and access to Aurizon computer facilities is no longer required.
- You must ensure that your sign-on is not used by anyone other than you as the authorised user.
- While logged-on to any of the Aurizon computing facilities, you must not leave your computer unattended.
- Any machine or device used to access Aurizon’s computing facilities must have a recognised virus protection package installed and running on it. Regular updates must be maintained to ensure currency with the latest virus threats.
- You must not use or disclose personal information (as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)) that you obtain by virtue of your access to Aurizon computing facilities, except with the express written authority of Aurizon.
- You indemnify and release Aurizon from and against all actions, proceedings, claims, demands and any liability (including, but not limited to, consequential loss or damages, legal costs and expenses) arising directly or indirectly from any access by or through you to Aurizon computing facilities.
- If Aurizon provides to you any physical property (e.g. card keys, computer listings, security tokens or manuals) in connection with your use of or access to Aurizon computing facilities, you must return all such property to your employer (or Aurizon if we request) prior to the last day of your employment with your employer, or prior to changing job function to an area that does not require further use of that property.
- The content of Aurizon computing facilities is confidential. You must maintain the confidentiality of the content and NOT provide or disclose the content (or any part) to any person external to Aurizon except with the prior written authorisation of the Aurizon Sponsor.
- You must not in any manner reproduce, copy, or reverse engineer any Aurizon computing facilities or any content in or on them in whole or in part, including any of Aurizon's software or data except (i) with prior written authorisation of the Aurizon Sponsor, or (ii) as may be strictly necessary to enable the proper conduct of the business relationship between Aurizon and your employer.
- As between you and Aurizon, Aurizon retains all intellectual property rights associated with the Aurizon computing facilities and content on or in them. Aurizon grants you a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable licence to use the content solely for the period of your access to Aurizon computing facilities and solely for the purposes of enabling the proper conduct of the business relationship between Aurizon and your employer, subject to any other terms agreed between Aurizon and your employer.
- You must use the content (or any part) ONLY for the purpose of performing your duties.
- Aurizon may terminate your access to Aurizon computing facilities at any time and for any reason, including in the circumstances specified in these Conditions.
(a) constitute the entire agreement between the parties as to its subject matter; and
(b) in relation to that subject matter, supersede any prior understanding or agreement between the parties.
Any failure to comply with any of the above requirements may result in the immediate termination of your access to Aurizon computing facilities, and Aurizon taking other appropriate action as a result of the breach.
Version 1 - 12 May 2017