Remuneration/Benefit: Attractive Salary & Short-Term Incentives
Flexible Working Arrangement: Combined working from home, in the office and on site when required.
About the role:
Aurizon is currently looking for an experienced Senior Traction Power Engineer who can coordinate the delivery of Aurizon’s Traction Power System renewal/maintenance program & daily operations. Candidates must also have demonstrated experience in high voltage overhead equipment, primary and secondary systems. The role is comprised of a great mix of office-based activities and work with delivery teams in the field. The Senior position also involves mentoring a team of Engineers and providing technical guidance and development throughout the business.
- Coordinate a program of works and plan the technical aspects of Traction Power Projects including developing and managing; the design and preparation of user requirement specifications, material and component specifications, safety in design requirements for new and altered works.
- Checking and auditing the design of complex engineering systems submitted by design team and or external providers. Ensure that engineering designs produced conform to business and industry best practice. Assist in the support of designers.
- Prepare, review, and approve Test and Commission Plans for high voltage systems associated with construction and repair activities.
- Provide technical review of Change Control documents and endorse changes after ensuring operational and safety risk control measures are in place.
- Investigate and report on safe working breaches, operational anomalies, performance problems, system and equipment failures, and regularly inspect, review, report on performance.
- Identify requirements for new processes and standards, contribute to the production and implementation of new standards, specifications, and work practices.
- Provide high-level technical support for day-to-day maintenance and operational activities relating to Aurizon’s High Voltage Network.
- Provide support to electrical engineering and trade-based staff.
- Bachelor of Engineering Electrical
- 10+ years' engineering experience
- Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ)
- High level of skill in communication to effectively liaise with other sections, external providers, suppliers, regulatory authorities, engineers and trade staff.
- High level of skill in planning and undertaking professional work without direct supervision and in exercising initiative in the application of professional practices and to take responsibility for project deliverables.
- High level of interpersonal and written and communication. Demonstrate consultation and negotiation skills.
- Extensive knowledge in developing and implementing standards and procedures for engineering systems and networks.
- High level of skill in the design and checking of complex engineering systems and designs including a proven track record of resolving problems to improve overall performance.
- High level of skill in testing and commissioning requirements of High Voltage Installations.
- High level of organisation, administrative and leadership skills required for the service provision activities associated with systems, equipment and services.
- Substantial knowledge of technical regulations and standards relevant to Traction Power and HV Electrical Systems.
What we offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees. With a national portfolio of operations, we offer long-term and exciting career opportunities.
Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities.
- Access to mentoring and development programs.
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands.
- Parental leave program and super booster.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we deliver more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities right across the country. Aurizon is crucial to the Australian economy, connecting miners, primary producers and industry with international and domestic markets.
Look to Aurizon for a diverse and collaborative culture.
At Aurizon, we are proud of our diverse, collaborative, creative and high-performance culture. We celebrate the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic, caring, and inclusive work environment.
To learn about us and our company values, please visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
This role is eligible for Network's Refer a Friend Programme. Available to Aurizon employees! If you refer a friend to this role and they are successful in getting the job, you will receive $5,000, and the person you have successfully referred will receive $5,000 *conditions apply. Email Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. To refer a friend, click here.