The Aurizon Graduate Program
You will be a part of a diverse, collaborative, and creative workforce where you will know what you are accountable for and can count on having what you need in order to succeed.
As a member of our program you will have rotation opportunities across the company, giving you the chance to learn within a range of jobs and experience different work environments.
The program will be open to all graduates, doesn't matter when you graduated.
Our development program offers graduates exciting and challenging career development opportunities along with:
- permanent employment
- a dedicated mentor and a supportive environment
- a competitive salary and annual performance-based remuneration review
- opportunities to connect with technical and peer networks across Australia.
Existing Applicant LoginLogin to continue your application or update your profile.
On-the-job experience working on various projects, teams, industry sectors and locations across Australia that are aligned to your stream.
Individualised development program focused on both personal and professional skills.
Work in multi-disciplined teams presenting innovative solutions to create cost savings or income generation for Aurizon’s future.
Railway Technical Foundations program
Building railway technical skills is key to our current and future success. This program connects key leaders in the organisation to understand technical aspects of how a railway operates and how we work together to create value.
Be matched with leaders whose experience and knowledge is invaluable to your professional development and career opportunities.
Connect with others that have experienced the program before. A chance to socialise and ask questions from peers to give you insight and fast track your learning.
Mitch is our District Civil Engineer for the northern region. Mitch joined Aurizon as a student engineer 11 years ago and successfully completed the Aurizon graduate program.
While at Aurizon, Mitch has enjoyed the diversity of roles, growth opportunities offered to him as well as the mentoring and coaching.
Watch the video to hear about Mitch's experience and to find out more about the Aurizon Graduate program.
The graduate roles in Corporate may be in one or more of the following streams:
Our Human Resources team partners with our leaders to implement HR solutions and drive a high performance culture. Human Resources assists in implementing strategic HR initiatives across our workforce including employee engagement and development, succession planning and performance management.
Our Corporate Affairs team provide five key services; brand and corporate sponsorships, community engagement, stakeholder relations, external relations and organisational communications.
Safety, Health & Environment
This team is responsible for:
- implementation of and monitoring the Targeting ZEROHarm action plans and initiatives
- developing risk management skills and leading risk assessments
- conducting incident investigations through the analysis of trends
- development of initiatives to prevent reoccurrence.
The team also plays a crucial role in environmental management practices: maintaining management systems, impact and risk assessments, audits, ongoing monitoring, and field work.
The graduate roles in Commercial may be in the Finance stream:
Finance (Accounting Analyst & Business Analyst)
Graduates within Aurizon's Commercial team are responsible for our financial corporate advisory and planning and reporting services areas.
Our financial corporate advisory areas provide specialised services relating to tax, treasury, investor relations, capital excellence and mergers and acquisitions.
Our planning and reporting services area is focussed on managing an integrated business framework to maximise shareholder returns, plan for resource allocation and performance analysis.
Some of the other responsibilities include:
- conducting market research
- managing pricing strategies
- providing pricing and commercial analysis
- negotiating high-value complex rail haulage contracts
- managing the portfolio profitability.
The graduate roles in Engineering may be in one or more of the following streams:
As a civil engineer, you will have the opportunity to use your professional skills across a variety of asset types including rail and road formation, a range of structure classes, and railway track. You will be involved in strategic planning, design, construction, and maintenance phases of the asset lifecycle.
The work includes:
- geotechnical investigation and assessment
- specification, design and estimation
- supervision and verification of construction works
- project management and maintenance planning
- asset performance analysis, and failure and condition investigation.
Be a part of an engineering team responsible for: design, modification, testing, maintenance, safety and reliability of our rollingstock fleet and specialist plant equipment. You will gain experience in project management, monitoring fleet performance, fault identification, and reliability improvement.
The work includes:
- new vehicle design and vehicle modification
- rollingstock testing and commissioning
- project management
- asset maintenance including fault investigation
- finite element and fatigue analysis.
As an electrical engineer you will be working with a wide range of electrical, electronic and software systems including:
- locomotive traction and control systems
- HV traction power supply and distribution
- telecommunications, railway signalling and operational systems
- SCADA systems
The work includes:
- specification and design
- construction planning and supervision
- inspection, testing and commissioning
- asset performance analysis, fault investigation and maintenance planning
- management of multi-system design integration and verification.
You can create a job alert and we will send you an e-mail when a position becomes available that matches your search criteria.
To edit your job alert details please re-enter your search criteria, this will automatically override your previous subscription.