Our everyday business is built on moving a nation. We move a comprehensive range of commodities, including mining, agricultural, industrial and retail products for a diverse range of customers across Australia.
We transport retail goods and groceries across small and big towns and cities across Australia; tonnes of coal to the eastern ports and iron ore in the West. We operate and manage the complex coal rail network in Central Queensland; and build new tracks to move freight more efficiently.
Aurizon is there working with customers to move more than 500,000 tonnes of this vital resource every day, bound for markets in Japan, China, South Korea, India and Taiwan.
Our rail-based intermodal service has the capacity to move millions of tonnes annually, right to our customers’ front door. We specialise in the movement of full container loads but also move pallets of products and everything in between.
On 14 August 2017, Aurizon announced its intention to exit its Intermodal business through a combination of closure and sale.
Subject to regulatory approval, Aurizon has signed a binding agreement with a consortium of Pacific National and Linfox to sell its Queensland Intermodal business, and a separate binding agreement with Pacific National to sell its Acacia Ridge Intermodal Terminal. The sale transaction is expected to be completed by June 2018.
The remainder of Aurizon’s Intermodal business (outside of Queensland) was closed in December 2017.
NetworkAurizon operates and manages Australia’s largest export coal rail network, the Central Queensland Coal Network (CQCN). Aurizon Network is responsible for providing, maintaining and managing access to the CQCN rail network and associated rail infrastructure.
We pride ourselves on innovative, best-in-class rail infrastructure solutions including design, procure, construct, maintain and manage rail assets providing a one-stop-shop with a safety culture of ZEROHarm underpinning everything we do.
Railway Planning and Engineering
- Expert technical advice
- Greenfield and brownfield infrastructure
- Signalling and telecommunication specialists
- Design standards
- Integrated supply chain planning and simulation
Railway Construction and Maintenance
- Railway structures, bridges, culverts, earthworks and drainage
- Track construction, rail grinding and ballast cleaning
- Electrical traction, signalling and telecommunications system
- Environmental assessments, noise, dust and community impacts
- Access regimes
- Network control and asset management
- Rail management including incidents, emergencies and corridor access
- Network safety management systems and accreditation