Register as a Contractor
All Contractors must register with Aurizon to sign in and participate in any Online Induction and training. To register, click the link below and then click on register.
Once you have successfully registered, your Username and Password will be emailed to you to enable you to sign in.
Aurizon Online InductionsAurizon General Induction. This induction is for ALL Contractors performing work at any Aurizon Workplace. This induction is mandatory and must be successfully completed prior to any work commencing.
Once you have successfully completed the Aurizon General Online Induction, the Contractor will be emailed an Induction Card. This card must be produced at any Aurizon Workplace, prior to work commencing.
Aurizon Rail Corridor Induction. This induction is for Contractors performing work in the rail corridor, that is, adjacent to the rail lines in the Central Queensland Coal Network. To register for this training you must include your current Rail Industry Worker Card number. This induction must be successfully completed prior to any work commencing.
Once you have successfully completed the Aurizon Rail Corridor Online Induction, the Contractor will be emailed a Certificate of Completion to acknowledge the Aurizon Rail Corridor Induction. This Certificate of Completion must be uploaded to your Rail Industry Worker Card prior to commencing work.
Aurizon Isolation and Lockout TrainingIf the work a Contractor is planning to perform involves activities with plant, structures or equipment containing harmful sources of energy they must successfully participate in the appropriate Aurizon-wide Online Isolation and Lockout Training prior to commencing work at any Aurizon Workplace. Harmful sources of energy are (but are not limited to):
• compressed air
• stored mechanical energy
• linked process equipment
• uncontrolled movement of plant
• electromagnetic radiation
When you successfully complete the appropriate Aurizon Isolation and Lockout Training, you will be emailed a Certificate of Completion to acknowledge the appropriate Isolation and Lockout Training.
Aurizon Isolation and Lockout Online Training does contain practical components. When you are contacted by an Aurizon Representative, or when you are contacting an Aurizon Worker, please discuss the Aurizon Isolation and Lockout Training requirements. The following are the available Isolation and Lockout training modules:
- Foundation – an overview of Isolation and Lockout in Aurizon
- Protected Person – secure the isolation by attaching a red personal lock
- Isolating Person – carry out isolations in accordance with plans
- Isolation Planner – develop documented Isolation and Lockout plans
- To perform the role of a Protected Person, the Contractor must successfully complete the Foundation and Protected Person online training modules.
- To perform the role of an Isolating Person, the Contractor must successfully complete the Foundation, Protected Person and Isolating Person online training modules, including the completion of a practical verification form. To perform the role of an Isolating Person, you must be authorised by the Responsible Manager of the area you intend to work in.
- A Contractor who has completed an Aurizon online induction(s) prior to Monday 2 May 2016 will be automatically registered for Aurizon’s Isolation and Lockout Foundation, Protected Person and Isolating Person training.
- If a Contractor has completed Aurizon’s Isolation and Lockout training prior to Monday 2 May 2016, your Certificate of Completion will remain valid until the listed expiry date.
If the above training module/s are required to be successfully completed, they will be loaded to your Aurizon profile. A Contractor will use their Username and Password to log in using the following link and participate in the required module/s.
Rail Industry Worker Program
Under Rail Safety Legislation, Aurizon has a responsibility to ensure that all workers (including contractors) that undertake Rail Safety Work:
• are competent to carry out the work
• have identification that allows the competence of the work to be checked
• are medically fit to undertake the work
The way in which contractors comply in these requirements is through the Rail Industry Worker Program. Contractors can find out more on this program through this link.
What is a Rail Safety Worker
Rail Safety Workers are people who:
- Work in the rail corridor (drivers, shunters, maintainers, yard drivers)
- Work on rollingstock or infrastructure
- Design, certify or commission rollingstock or infrastructure or
- Make decisions that impact on rail safety.
Aurizon has undertaken a detailed Training Needs Analysis for Rail Safety roles. Each role has a certain competency requirement, which are outlined in the list of training materials below.
Contractors undertaking rail safety work for Aurizon can only use the Rail Industry Worker Card issued by Onsite Track Easy as the identification.
Contractors that cannot produce this identification will not be allowed to carry out Rail Safety Work.
Phone: 13 23 32
Track and Civil360KB PDF
Signalling (non-engineering)65KB PDF
Network Control257KB PDF
Engineering Design and Management36KB PDF
Project Management38KB PDF
Rolling Stock Maintenance35KB PDF
Rollingstock Operations Matrix68KB PDF
Safety Systems29KB PDF
Trackside Safety35KB PDF
Plant and Equipment448KB PDF