The Aurizon Graduate Program
You will be a part of a diverse, collaborative, and creative workforce where you will know what you are accountable for and can count on having what you need in order to succeed.
As a member of our program you will have rotation opportunities across the company, giving you the chance to learn within a range of jobs and experience different work environments.
Our development program offers graduates exciting and challenging career development opportunities along with:
- A dedicated mentor and a supportive environment
- A competitive salary
- Opportunities to connect with technical and peer networks across Australia
- Health and wellbeing initiatives
On-the-job experience working on various projects, project phases, industry sectors and locations across Australia.
Individualised development program focused on both personal and professional skills.
Work in multi-disciplined teams presenting innovative solutions to create cost savings or income generation for Aurizon’s future.
Enjoy access to online learning modules letting you work at your own pace.
Be matched with leaders whose experience and knowledge is invaluable to your professional development and career opportunities.
Safety & Environment
The safety team is responsible for:
- implementation of and monitoring the Targeting ZEROHarm action plans and initiatives
- developing risk management skills and leading risk assessments
- conducting incident investigations through the analysis of trends
- development of initiatives to prevent reoccurrence.
Aurizon's Environment team plays a crucial role in environmental management practices: maintaining management systems, impact and risk assessments, audits, ongoing monitoring, and field work.
Commercial, Accounting & Finance
Our business analysts within Aurizon’s commercial team are responsible for:
- conducting market research
- managing pricing strategies
- providing pricing and commercial analysis
- negotiating high-value complex rail haulage contracts
- managing the portfolio profitability.
Our financial corporate advisory areas provide specialised services relating to tax, treasury, investor relations, capital excellence and mergers and acquisitions.
Our planning and reporting services area is focussed on managing an integrated business framework to maximise shareholder returns, plan for resource allocation and performance analysis.
Communications, External Relations & Brand
Our Brand and Communications team provide five key services; corporate sponsorship & events, community engagement, stakeholder relations, external relations and organisational communications.
The brand team look after marketing campaigns, brand strategy and digital communications.
Our Human Resources team partners with our leaders to implement HR solutions and drive a high performance culture. Human Resources assists in implementing strategic HR initiatives across our workforce including employee engagement and development, succession planning and performance management.
As a civil engineer, you will have the opportunity to use your professional skills across a variety of asset types including rail and road formation, a range of structure classes, and railway track. You will be involved in strategic planning, design, construction, and maintenance phases of the asset lifecycle.
The work includes:
- geotechnical investigation and assessment
- specification, design and estimation
- supervision and verification of construction works
- project management and maintenance planning
- asset performance analysis, and failure and condition investigation
Be a part of an engineering team responsible for: design, modification, testing, maintenance, safety and reliability of our rollingstock fleet and specialist plant equipment. You will gain experience in project management, monitoring fleet performance, fault identification, and reliability improvement.
The work includes:
- new vehicle design and vehicle modification
- rollingstock testing and commissioning
- project management
- asset maintenance including fault investigation
- finite element and fatigue analysis
As an electrical engineer you’ll be working with a wide range of electrical, electronic and software systems including:
- locomotive traction and control systems
- HV traction power supply and distribution
- telecommunications, railway signalling and operational systems
- SCADA systems
The work includes:
- specification and design
- construction planning and supervision
- inspection, testing and commissioning
- asset performance analysis, fault investigation and maintenance planning
- management of multi-system design integration and verification
You can create a job alert and we will send you an e-mail when a position becomes available that matches your search criteria.
To edit your job alert details please re-enter your search criteria, this will automatically override your previous subscription.